Yes, it suddenly is time to think about Back to School. There’s still plenty of summer left so make the most of it but, here’s some helpful hints to make the first few days of school better for everyone.
- Start putting the kids to bed 15 to 30 minutes earlier each night to help them get used to going to bed at school night bedtime.
- Summers often have no schedule so, start planning your meals so that when you get home from work and the kids get home from school, supper either just needs to be heated up or you already have it planned. This way you can be sure it’s healthy.
- Clear off the homework center. By making room for it now, you can clear off last year’s paperwork you thought you needed to save.
- Have a few extra supplies at home in case your child accidently leaves their notebook or folder at school.
- Your kids are a year older…will they continue to have the same after school schedule? Start talking about what your child will do when they get home.