Each of us has a responsibility to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and they are simple things that can make a difference.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your upper arm/elbow
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water
- Contain germs by staying home when ill
- Maintain 6 feet between you and others
- Wear a mask when out in public especially when you cannot maintain the 6 foot distance, such as in grocery stores or other stores to get your essentials and supplies
Symptoms of the COVID-19 in people who have been exposed can include fever, cough, sore throat, headache and shortness of breath. We are also seeing people experiencing an upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea. Each person’s symptoms are very different and so it is very important to pay attention to your body and note any changes. The symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
You can also follow IDPH on Facebook (@IowaDepartmentofPublicHealth) and Twitter (@IAPublicHealth.
For additional information visit: