Emergency management and state officials are assessing damage, but recording and reporting of damage to private residence and businesses is the responsibility of the owner of that structure. Damage reports should be sent to 2016flood@co.winneshiek.ia.us or reported by calling (563) 277-5123.

 When recording and reporting damage be sure to include the following information:

·         Name, address, and contact information

·         Short description of damage incurred using the terms below

o   Affected: minimal flooding, 3in or less of water in basement

o   Minor: damage to functional components (i.e. furnace, water heater, HVAC, etc.), water on main level of residence, damage to a private well or septic system

o   Major: structural damage including walls, roofs, floors, foundation, etc.

o   Destroyed: total loss, unrepairable residence or business (i.e. Collapse of basement walls/foundation, walls or roof)

 When disposing of items damaged due to flooding please bring all white goods (refrigerator, water heater, microwave, etc.) to the Winneshiek County Recycling Center.