Wear Teal and create an awareness for Ovarian Cancer!
This cancer typically occurs in women in their fifties and sixties with the median age being 63. Many women who are diagnosed with Ovarian cancer have a genetic history that may include carrying the BRCA mutation gene and having a strong family history of ovarian cancer.
Unfortunately the symptoms of ovarian cancer are subtle and easily confused with other ailments. Pay close attention to your body and if something doesn’t seem right, talk with your doctor. Many women don’t seek help until the disease has begun to spread, but if detected at its earliest stage, the five-year survival rate is more than 93%.
Symptoms may include:
- pain in your stomach or back
- pressure in your hip or pelvic area
- feeling full too quickly or difficulty eating
- changes in bathroom habits such as more or less frequent urges to go to the bathroom
for more information visit: https://ovarian.org/
Other symptoms may include:
• Nausea, indigestion, gas, constipation or diarrhea
• Extreme fatigue
• Shortness of breath
• Weight Gain