It is important especially during cold and flu season, to stay home from work or school if you are sick or not feeling well. Please don’t spread those germs around the office or school. This means that you also should not go visit people in the nursing homes or hospitals while you are ill and please don’t go shopping! Stay home and rest. Eat some chicken noodle soup (it’s been proven there IS something that helps to loosen mucus and makes us feel better), sleep, drink plenty of liquids (particularly water) and do lots of good handwashing.
Here are some tips for the office to keep you healthy:
- If you have a fever, stay home!
- Take the time to wipe down your office phone and keyboard daily or weekly
- Don’t share pencils or pens
- Don’t eat lunch at your desk
- Throw away your used tissues–don’t tuck them in your sleeve
- Cover your cough
- Wipe down common surfaces at least weekly and more often as necessary. This includes copier buttons, elevator buttons, and doorknobs and handles
- Get your flu shot! Flu shots are still available.