We need to keep needles out of the landfill! We are accepting used needles, scalpels and lancets from the public in our red needle disposal container. Here are the rules:
- Put used needles, lancets, scalpels, syringes into a hard plastic container such as a laundry detergent or fabric softener bottle or a purchased red sharps container (available at your pharmacy). When this is full, tape the lid shut and bring to the Smith Building and put into the red mailbox by the Smith Building door.
- NO loose needles, vials or sharps.
- NO needles in a pop bottle or milk jug (the plastic is not thick enough).
- NO garbage.
- NO batteries.
- The red mailbox is ONLY for the red sharps containers, or other hard plastic containers such as the laundry detergent or fabric softener bottles (needs to be this thick of plastic).
- There is no fee for this service.
- At this time, this is the only site for disposal. We hope to be able to expand the program in the future.
For more information call us at 563-382-4662.