Protecting your heart is important especially if you are experiencing signs of a heart attack or stroke. Warning signs of a heart attack include:
- discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach;
- shortness of breath;
- nausea and/or vomiting;
- breaking out in a cold sweat;
- chest pain.
If you or someone else is experiencing these symptoms, please call 911 so that help can arrive.
Warning signs of stroke include:
- sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body);
- sudden confusion or trouble speaking or understanding;
- sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes;
- sudden trouble walking, dizziness, or loss of balance or coordination;
- sudden severe headache with no known cause.
If you think someone might be having a stroke, call 911 immediately.